Saturday, February 20, 2010

Stay at home house spouse's? Do you do it all?

How much work do you think you average a day if you are a stay at home house spouse?


I would say I average about a solid 3 hours a day,cleaning and cooking,laundry,and lets not forget the yard!!


I actually get a great deal of pleasure out of this,however if I were working I don't think it would be the same.(pleasure would be out the window)Stay at home house spouse's? Do you do it all?
Good for you! There is nothing more rewarding than making a clean, safe, warm environment for your family.





When you have children, it's doubly important (and your days get busier).





Shame how so many women choose to ignore this part of their lives for the glamor (bleh) of working in a cubical. Then they come home stressed, have to clean up the house, feel frazzled about the kids, gain weight from the unhealthy food they're eating, and spur their husband's affection because they ';feel tired';.





You'd think that as women became more educated, more and more of them would make the decision you have....





....I'd work two jobs if it kept my wife at home and taking the concern of the house and kids off my shoulders.





And I'd love her everyday for doing this for me.





Good Job! Good Luck!Stay at home house spouse's? Do you do it all?
I am occasionally a stay at home spouse because in my husband's lime of work we travel a lot. I would say that including the cooking, laundry, cleaning the house, doing the shopping and keeping myself up, I probably like you only spend about 3 hours a day at that. I do like to do other things to occupy my time however. I like to read, take long walks, do crafts and I spend a lot of time on the computer. My husband loves to come home to his meal ready for the table, his house spotless and his clothes taken care of.


Red
I would say on an average day I put in about 8-9 hours of solid work. I do all of the cooking and cleaning, homework help, and getting everyone ready for school, taking them to school, picking up, blah blah. I keep everything really relaxed though and will sit down to have a soda and surf the web and answer questions on here too, so my work spreads out from when I get up til when I go to bed. I think that the kids really lump on that extra time and it will be very nice when my son hits full day school next year--he is half day kindergarten where we live.





EDIT: With just cooking, cleaning, laundry, and yardwork, I would say about 4 hours. I figure about an hour for each meal, before and after, and also an extra hour thrown in there for my regular straightening up the house. Some days a little more if I am scrubbing the tub or vacuuming.
I'm a stay-at-home wife, student, and mom-to-be.


and I put a few hours into each title on a daily basis:





as a wife,


everyday I spend a few hours cleaning up the house (laundry, dishes, vaccuming, etc..), cooking dinner from scratch, packing my husband's lunches for work, doing little things to make my husband smile (like baking cookies, writing love-notes for his lunches, or just practicing my pole dancing routine)





as a student,


everyday I spend a few hours studing my courses. I'm going for my degree as a vet tech, and since I don't have a job I have alot of time to do my school work, so I get almost straight A's and B's.





as a mom-to-be,


I also take time everyday to read up on the birthing process and infant parenting. I take classes through the local hospital on breastfeeding, labor and delivery, infant massage, etc... I decorated our nursery with hand-sewn blankets which I made myself these past 8 months (I am 39 weeks pregnant, due next week)





I keep busy


%26amp; I'm proud of myself for all that I do..makes me feel useful...better than feeling bored
I'm not a housewife, I have a full time job and I still do it all when I get home (cook, clean, laundry, yard, make the next days lunches for both of us...) and I couldn't imagine that being all I did everyday - i would want to shoot myself in the head if I stayed at home...
My stay at home spouse did bugger all so as well as working a full time job I'd have to spend at least one of my days off (morning to afternoon) doing all the chores that hadn't been done during the week which is ridiculous as we only lived in a one bed place.
im not a housewife at the moment i work full time im a part tiem student and clean the house. When i was a stay at home wife i got bored and would jsut want to watch tv all day.
i did that for a while when my child was young i would do the cleaning cooking etcccc............ now that im working to we both share chores. staying home was good while he was young but after that i got bored and depressed wanted to work get out a little
I work 45 hrs a week and spend an average of 15 hrs a week on housework/cooking. Then another 5 hrs a week on shopping and errands. It sucks.
about 4 hours Id guess but not everyday.


Good luck
This is funny. Well i have 2 kids under 5 and my 15 year old brother lives me as well. So there 5 of us in our home plus 2 cats and a dog. I stay home and take care of things and run the house. But at my house everyone puts in effort. So laundery idk seems like everyday its going and load the dishwasher 1 or sometimes even 2 times a day. My brother cleans his own bathroom and mows the yard.


if i let him, i like doing yard work. I can't really say how many hours i spend on everyday household chores cuz I don't do it all. I am not the only living here and i'm not the house maid. My kids are well behaved with there evil moments,lol, but are responsible and understand values of things. The 5 yr old wanted a puppy and she takes good care of him herself. I dont do anything but put water in his bowl. Hes tiny so he goes on puppy pads and she changes those to and puts a new one. I'm very proud of my kids on how good they do on helping each other and it gives me more time to play with them and teach them things. My husband even does things around the house to when asked,lol. My brother is still getting use to living with me and my rules(he is very sloppy, but much better now). So i guess 2-3 hours sounds good a day. Just on house housework and not kids. i am always happier when at home instead of being at work somewhere. I do get less pleasure if im working at a job instead of being a stay at home mom.

1 comment:

  1. Discover how THOUSAND of individuals like YOU are earning their LIVING online and are living their wildest dreams right NOW.
    SUBSCRIBE FOR FREE

    ReplyDelete