Sunday, February 21, 2010

IF you could build a new room on your home/house/apartment.......?

what would you put in it? what would it be to you? would it make you happy?IF you could build a new room on your home/house/apartment.......?
A conservatory, even a tiny one. I would put a table and chairs there so I could eat ';outdoors'; every day and get some daylight, I would put a small chair with a cushion on it as well for the cat to snuggle up on. It would be great to have the extra space, and lovely to be able to sit in the daylight and just be, or read, or people watch through the fence. As I am virtually housebound, it would be really special to me to have that kind of a room. IF you could build a new room on your home/house/apartment.......?
I have too many rooms in my house already. 4 bedrooms (there only 3 of us, and me and my husband share), 3 livings rooms - 4 if you count the enclosed porch), 3 car garage, storage room, unfinished attic, 2 bathrooms, kitchen (that's never used) and dining room, plus the gym and the pool house. Really, I have too many rooms now.





I would like a laundry room, though.
Ooooh... I want a 40'x 150' room for my ';dream'; model railroad !! A shop, lounge, and dispatchers office along with the HUGE layout space to represent the Union Pacific in California.





Computer controlled lighting to run between day and night as the day progresses on the layout, full-sound, and plenty of viewing space.



Well, I can't do a whole lot to the actual structure of the building I'm in--it's steel and concrete, and there are lease issues. o_O





But...with money as no object, otherwise....





--I'd definitely have a shower head put in, so I can clean up faster.





--Add a new, more effective air conditioner.





--Switch all my lights over to the CFL equivalent of 100+ watt full-spectrum bulbs, because in the winters, every little bit helps.





--Add shades that are *wired to* the metal frames of my windows. Why? This way, since I have a southern exposure, I'll be able to pick up satellite radio and TV. ^_^ And have privacy too.





--Get a sleeper sofa, new recliner even, just so I can move most of the bedroom gear to the living room area, which is plenty roomy.





--And then convert my bedroom into a mini-gym. ^_^ Complete with a heavy-bag and bag gloves for punching/stress-relief, a recumbent bike *And* an indoor rower so I can get both upper and lower body cardio, and maybe a bench with some spiffy free weights. Or....one of those ';power frame'; things for bodyweight exercise and stretching.





--And from there? That's *my* business....besides, surprises are a good thing in life, right? Why so serious? ^__^





*lolz* Hope this helps. Hell, I hope this *works* (no more breathers!).
I'd put in a stereo, an ipod docking station, nice fluffy bed, a trophy shelf, a wall of books, a wall of my paintings. a spare closet type area that would be my art room. and a computer. Definately a computer along with a desk that has all my book work on it. AND.... a wall where I can jsut write stuff on.





It would mean a lot of money to me.





Exceptionally!
a kick @ss pool, reck room with a tred mill i love tred mills but i dont have room for one in my house and the pool has to be big enough to have a boat in it lol








mine http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;鈥?/a>



a roofdeck, with a greenhouse/sunroom on it. lots of plant and flowers to enjoy during a Boston winter. with a hammock. escape. Sigh.....
i'd make a soundproof basement just for me that i could access with a small,secret door in my bedroom closet.then i'd fill it with beanbag chairs,a tv,and instead of lamps i'd put christmas lights around the ceiling.
it would be a man cave in the design of a hockey arena... with a bar, locker room, and a realistic hockey rink(sans Ice of course) as the floor. I would be in heaven, eh
I would Make it an entertainment room


The computer and a tv would be in there.


Itd be like a chill place for my friends and i :)
I would put a bowling alley in it haha so then I can invite my friends over and I love to bowl
Dungeon ~ Dirty
It would really be nice just to have a balcony.
brothel

No comments:

Post a Comment