Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Council Home - Housing Advice! Please help!!!?

I am currently in a council flat in Barking and in full receipt of housing benefit! I want to move out my area. I have been trying for 7 years this year with bidding and exchange adverts on all websites etc and had no luck.





Was wondering if i was to give up my council property how soon could i go private renting and the housing benefit would pay for me to private rent??





Would appriciate any help.My Council Home - Housing Advice! Please help!!!?
Yes you could - BUT make sure your new LL takes Housing Benefit claimants for starters as you will have to provide a signed Tenancy Agreement to get the Council to pay the rent. And it will take around 6 weeks to get sorted.My Council Home - Housing Advice! Please help!!!?
you can always do council swaps, advertise and its a mutual exchange between you both (with relevant paperwork e.c.t). if you are wanting to go private, council will only pay what they think the place is worth half the time. They come out on visits and check out the place and can take wks for the crossover in financies.
couldnt you get a council rent in a different area?





anyways lots of private rented landlords wont allow people with housing benefits as they dont get much profit from it and it can take ages to find one

No comments:

Post a Comment