Sunday, February 21, 2010

Bored at home house mommy with a 16 month old, any help!...?

Ok so I have a 16 month old daughter whom I care for all day everyday pretty much by myself. My husband owns his own business and works 6 days a week all day long. My thing is that I don't know what to do all day with myself! My daughter seems like she is bored sometimes and I don't know what to do! I don't really have any friends to go hang out with or talk to. I'm 25 so I'm active and all, I take her outside sometimes but I want her to interact with other kids! I don't want to make her into an antisocial person or anything. It's just me and her 24/7. I was wondering if there is any places I can go to like clubs or a center or something I can join where I can take her and be with her (I'm not trying to put her in daycare or anything) while she plays with other kids. The playground in my neighborhood is usually filled with older kids who she can't play with. I live in Austin by the way. Any suggestions will help thanks!Bored at home house mommy with a 16 month old, any help!...?
MAke a bunch of food, that ur baby can eat and teach him/her how to walk or how to talk or singBored at home house mommy with a 16 month old, any help!...?
You sound like ALL of my girl friend's! They all complain the same thing. We're all in the same age group, I'm 23. I don't have kids, but I think that some of my friend's mentioned play groups they have for the kiddies when you go to a gym or sign up for college classes. So maybe do that?
The only other way is day care. Sorry, You could get a gym membership and put her in the daycare there for an hour a day, and well are you sure you don't know anyone who has kids for play dates? My nieces get all their friends at young ages at daycare.. I know you don't want to do that, but its not like she has to go all day. She could just go from 12 to 3 or something like that, and you could do house work, do shopping, and get your nails done or something.
join little gym...or check you cities website for local activities...there are always moms clubs...you could also join a church and get wrapped up in one of their groups...check craigslist or backpage for clubs....good luck...
Do they have any baby gyms there? I know that here (in NY) we have what's called the Little Gym. It's a place for little kids to go and be active and climb around on things and meet other children. This could also be a great place for you to meet other mothers to hang out with. Otherwise see if there are any playgroups in your area. Try craigslist, and if there aren't any you can start one!
I would suggest taking her to a park. The good thing about a park is, the cost is free. And you also have the chance to meet other mommies and find out what they do for fun with their children.





The little Gym is also a great place. I'm not sure of the cost to join, but you could find out at this link for the Austin Little Gym


http://www.thelittlegym.com/gym/visit.as鈥?/a>





If you're a member of a gym, most of them offer child care. You could let your daughter play durring your work out sessions. If you're into that.





I would also suggest checking your local YMCA or YWCA. You can become a member for a resonable rate, and they offer family oriented services. http://websitest.daxko.com/websites/Aust鈥?/a>





The library is also a great suggestion. They usually offer reading sessions, and group activites for free. You can also just go to the library, find a comfy chair and read books to your daughter, and that too is cheap or free.





Craigslist is also a great resource. You can find classes, general activites. And even post your own ad if you want to start a group meeting of parents or have idea for a group meeting. I wanted to start a Coupon Clipping Club


http://austin.craigslist.org/





Hope you find what you're looking for. And it is okay to spend a lot of time with your child. I don't think you will cause your daughter to be antisocial by being with her 24-7. Right now it's okay....It is way better than sitting them in front of a TV for hours, anyway.
of course there is dear, when my daughter was young we joined our church mothers groups, that was really her only contact with other kids and it was a really great thing, we also did a craft together everyday, also go for a walk everyday, not only good for you and baby, we would walk to different play grounds, you can also meet moms and kids there.If you don't have a mother's group one at your church, others do and you could call your local community center, enjoy these precious days with your daughter, before you know it they are gone.
Check to see if your area has a MOMS Club (Moms Offering Moms Support). You can go to their website Momsclub.org to see if there is a local one near you or how to start one. You can also go on themommiesnetwork.com and see if there is a local group in your area there as well. Other organizations for Moms include MOPS but I don't have any information on them as I'm not affiliated with their program.
If your town has a regular magazine or newsletter, check it out for classes given by the city. The fee is almost always cheaper than a privately owned 'baby gym'. And even though you don't want to send her to daycare, maybe you could volunteer at one and of course bring her with you. It's a blessing to be able to be a stay-at-home mom. I'm sure some working moms who have to use daycare would be glad there's extra help a couple hours a day. Your child can interact with other kids and you can do some good volunteer work.
There are absolutely places to go and things to do. When I first had my son, I was so terribly isolated. When I moved to my new town, I found the MOMS Club. IT HAS BEEN THE BEST THING EVER FOR ME! Its a support group for SAHMs. Our kids get to play at least 1-3 times a week while we gab and talk! We talk on the phone, we email on the board all day. Its awesome. I've seen my son blossom socially for the first time, and I feel like I've really, really made true friends. Good Luck!


Here is the web address for the International Club. They can direct you to the local chapter.


http://www.momsclub.org/
Look for Mommy and Me classes, or story times at the library. Try a rec center. You can call the local wic office or child care association and they will have some info.
Its time to become a GAMER grab a console and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment