Sunday, February 21, 2010

Looking for list on homes/housing that are repossessed and auction off?

I have found that auctions do not usually bring your best deal.


Search properties with low listing prices on real estate sites.


These are usually bank owned(has been foreclosed) and the bank is just trying to get out of it what they have in it. I found a property 3+ acres listed for $25000. I offered the bank $18 for it. They told me that there was another offer, so I raised my offer to 22.5k and got the property.Looking for list on homes/housing that are repossessed and auction off?
Contact a real estate agent. I've been looking for foreclosures in San Diego for the last few months and my real estate agent sends me listings from customized searches for specific types of properties, listed in a specific price range, for short sales and foreclosures in specified zip codes. He can also get lists of auction properties with the same criteria.





My wife's daughter also has a real estate agent sending her listings of short sales and foreclosures, based on specific search criteria.





Real estate agents and brokers generally subscribe to premium listing services that are only available to licensed real estate professionals. In fact, when he sends me a link to the latest listing sheets, it's specifically for a prospective buyer. There is then a companion listing sheet just for the agent/broker that contains more detailed information (like how much is owed to the bank on a foreclosed property). With this kind of information, the agent/broker can call the listing agent and discuss the property, and then advise the prospective buyer of how much of an offer or bid to make for a good chance of picking up the property for as little money as possible.





Sure, you can sign up on one of those foreclosure listing services. But, they give you limited information and, if you want more detailed and background info, you have to contact the real estate office that's providing the listing service. So, you might as well pick your own agent/broker and have them do the leg work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment