Saturday, February 20, 2010

I want to call my home House on the hill.What are some ways of saying this in scottish Gaelic?

I The home has a fantasic view so something to to with that would be good too. I can see to the mountains or over the town so any suggestions are welcome.I want to call my home House on the hill.What are some ways of saying this in scottish Gaelic?
A literal translation of ';The house on the hill'; in Scottish Gaelic is ';An taighe air a' chnoc'; pronounced approximately On tee air uh crook. The name Switch A. proposed (Dungrianach) sounds better as the name for a home but it literally means ';Sunny hill-fort'; or ';Sunny fort on the hill.';I want to call my home House on the hill.What are some ways of saying this in scottish Gaelic?
In Gaelic, Dungrianach means ';the sunny house on the hill';... that's close =)
Favu Voris

No comments:

Post a Comment